Diehard: Nakatomi

Talk about other games in here

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:51 am

How about a Lithtech editing section for all those misc Lithtech games. Like this one.

I used the same POS (for you non-editing people that's the variable for "position") editing technique on Diehard that I used on NOLF2 and CJ to get to the cut scene areas. Diehard works a little differently so I haven't been able to get to the parking circle as Argyle drives up but I'm working on it. Here are a couple areas from the cinematics. They are solid and you can walk around to see how they built the level.

The airport runway:

Valet parking circle:

Tagagi opening speech:

I can get to the Escalators, they are not solid but the area between them is.
I went down those long vents on the outside of the lobby. One leads to another map. I have start points in the parking garage and in the room where John sees Holly.

You can edit the autoexec.bat to get godmode and sort of a 3rd person view.

I had unistalled this game because the models do not render properly ever since I switched from Nvidia to ATI. But I reinstalled to look at the LTB files. There are a huge amount of LTB's in this game.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:06 am

Okay I'm in the cinematics on the first map.

agghhhh a 747 heading straight for me....

See Takagi up on the balcony. I wondered where he was talking from. I have a table with a turkey by me.

That Argyle guy nearly drove over me, he wasn't watching where he was going. He's in the car but I'm not.

There's those events that trigger while I'm in the bathroom I have to figure out how to transport to while the cinematic is going. Such as the Van in the parking garage and the whole shoot Takagi thing.

Johnny LaRue
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Johnny LaRue » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:01 am

How about a Lithtech editing section for all those misc Lithtech games. Like this one.
I second that, after reading this thread, i had no idea how many games were made with the lithtech engine!

LOL, Great screens. The venerable SparedLife does it once again :thumb:
There are a huge amount of LTB's in this game.
Very interesting...

I checked out the goods from the Mob Enforcer Rez, there are alot of cool textures/models but sadly the prefabs folder is empty. That towncar (whatever make it is) is a sweet model.

There's also a few other games that is compatible with jupiter:

Jupiter extended:
Condemned
Fear
i have both of these games but i am ashamed to admit that i haven't played either of them. Are you saying that the models for these games are LTB's?

Rubins of eventide.... never heard of it :huh:

JLAR

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Not really sure about the models, but the worlds/prefabs are named world00a & world00c and it should be possible to rename those to lta/ltc and open them in dedit.. Atleast it works the other way around..

I got both fear and condemned myself.. condemned is supposed to be a cool game after what I've been told, but it doesn't run on my computer.. Fear is more a halflife clone, not really my taste.. much slower gameplay than nolf.

Seems like i spelled the other game wrong

http://www.rubiesofeventide.com/

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:38 am

Hope your not tired of this yet because I still haven't got out of map1 yet and there's more to find.
I managed to get into the Takeover. I stood next to the guy firing into the air but I didn't get a screenshot. I did get some other screenshots though.

It took me a while to find the coordinates but eventually I got up on the balcony with Takagi during his speech.

During the Takeover scene a truck backs up in the garage and 3 men jump out. I already had the garage coordinates so getting in the Takeover allowed me to walk around while the truck backed up.

In the below pic you can see the troubles I am having with Diehard. Most of the models are really messed up making a good screenshot impossible. The Takeover is full of half-models so I didn't get a good enough setup for a screenshot of the gunplay.

I have made some progress with Hans speech and the killing of Takagi but still have a ways to go to get into the scene and see it from the inside.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:46 am

Johnny LaRue wrote:
I second that, after reading this thread, i had no idea how many games were made with the lithtech engine!

LOL, Great screens. The venerable SparedLife does it once again :thumb:
There are a huge amount of LTB's in this game.
Very interesting...

I checked out the goods from the Mob Enforcer Rez, there are alot of cool textures/models but sadly the prefabs folder is empty. That towncar (whatever make it is) is a sweet model.

There's also a few other games that is compatible with jupiter:

Jupiter extended:
Condemned
Fear
i have both of these games but i am ashamed to admit that i haven't played either of them. Are you saying that the models for these games are LTB's?

Rubins of eventide.... never heard of it :huh:

JLAR
I found it strange that Mob Enforcer still had most all the NOLF2 props in the rez even though they are not used.
I have stuff I've done to most all of them too!! :P

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:26 am

Almost finished with map1. I've never been past level2 of this game so the rest is unfamiliar territory, I'll need to play some levels to see what is normal.

I have some more screens. In Takeover, Takagi's death, Meeting Takagi, Han's speech, and the office.

I spawned on the balcony during Han's speach and watched him walk around from one character to another as he talked about Takagi's life. Then I got down and walked with him, pretty wierd being in the scene.

After his speech is the death of Takagi. I had a hard time getting into these two parts because the camera kept taking over and going to the cinematic. I spawned in the room and walked around without the cinematic at first. I opened the double doors seen in the background of the cinematic and they were still open when it played. The glass doesn't move with the doors though.

I messed with the elevator scene: meeting Takagi which came before the Takeover and Takagi's death but there wasn't a lot to it and I had trouble with the spawnpoints. After that is the office where we see Ellis taking in a little snow.

He must have been out of it by the time I got here because he's not even over the table. While I was here I spawned Hans and then a gun and then shot Hans.

This external scripting is great. I have manipulated most of the scenes, objects, and characters.

I just wish I could get the characters to show up correctly.

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:57 pm

What's that grey line in the first picture? A microphone boom? :P :P :P

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 pm

If only Bruce Willis would have had SL's spawning ability!!! ... He would have taken down those terrorists in no time flat (and saved his feet!).

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:07 am

sonic goo wrote: What's that grey line in the first picture? A microphone boom? :P :P :P
That's part of my problem I can't get fixed in Diehard. Notice the legs missing on the models? The line is one of those legs. My first person view with a gun is really messed up. I'll post one in a little while.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:32 am

Ok here's my first person view:

One other thing, inside that room where the doors open but the glass stays put are walls with a message to the mappers.

I guess they didn't get the message :huh:

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:19 pm

LOL Salvador Dali approves! :)

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:53 am

All is good with the models now, seems Sierra had a patch for the Radeon card. :banana:

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:50 am

I have been to the gas station and there's a bit of the past we won't see again:

I was at the part where the squad car goes over the edge, not much to see just the model standing beside the car. I don't know how much cinematic there is here since I don't play the levels.

The vault one map is interesting. Hans and fellow terrorist talk to the wall.

While the FBI talk to an empty hole in the ground.

The vault door is useable by player. When Hans is through talking to the wall they are transported behind the door. I was playing with the door and had just opened it when Hans/Terrorist was transported in front of me.

Johnny LaRue
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Johnny LaRue » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:16 am

SparedLife wrote:I have been to the gas station and there's a bit of the past we won't see again:

I remember back then complaining about the gas prices. Boy was i an idiot, if i only knew how much higher the prices would rise :bonk:

Very entertaining screenshots! Die Hard unfortunately is one of those games that has sat on my shelf unplayed.

JLAR

jedwabna poszewka 50x60