mapping competition

Nolf1 talk
SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:10 am

- Legbat ...

I don't mean to pass the buck, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind coordinating this thing. I would, but believe me if I did it at this moment in time this thing wouldn't happen until this time next year. :rolleyes:

If you're up to it ... contact those that said they were interested in the contest (added to those already mentioned - Mic seemed interested at the beginning) ... Keep us all to date (maybe Spawn could create a private forum for the contestants & Sauron) ... If he doesn't want to I can at my site (Spawn just gets better traffic). When we get finished (for the beta testing) we can send you our rez files and you can be combining them all together into one rez for the play test.

I don't mean to throw things at you, but it seems clear you want to get the ball rolling ... if you don't want to or can't that's OK. I'll just pass the buck to someone else ... probably Sauron! :grin:

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:10 pm

SPYDAVE wrote:I don't mean to pass the buck, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind coordinating this thing.
NP ;) I'll attempt to contact everyone.
SPYDAVE wrote:(maybe Spawn could create a private forum for the contestants & Sauron)
Spawn, what do you think?
SPYDAVE wrote:I don't mean to throw things at you, but it seems clear you want to get the ball rolling ...
I'm just excited about seeing the new maps and spending some time playing online with fellow mappers in the process! It doesn't necessarily matter what the deadline is since I'm done. :D I hope no one thinks that I'm rushing them...

I hate to hear that you won't be blessing us with more of your mapping genius, Coty, but I understand. Mapping for such an old game can't be too exciting of a prospect. I still do probably mainly because I can't bring myself to begin the tedious task of learning a new editor. I'm still learning things about DEdit anyway!

Kyle Katarn
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Kyle Katarn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:15 pm

hi guys,

didn't notice the discussion here before i've received your pm at the glue factory, legbat - thanks ;-)

ok, short version: my map is at 98% since 3 weeks, but i didn't have the time to finish it. i've a new "commercial-project" which takes all my time the last weeks. but after next weekend it'll be better and hopefully i'll finish this map until jan, 22. 2007 :-)

if you would like to wait - ok; if not - no problem ;-)

i havn't read the whole thread - who is actually in?

a nice day for all
kyle, dEdit torturer B)
i know what i like and i like what i know

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:28 pm

Welcome back Kyle :)

New forum is made as you asked for, Spydave..

(JAG)SAURON

Post by (JAG)SAURON » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:31 am

As stated before the deadline is not an issue if you need more time then take it and someone needs to kidnap Coty's favourite pet and hold it for map ransom!!!
Euroteamspeak Quality TS hosting at a fair price

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:11 am

You guys should go ahead without me. I'm not even working on it. I'm too busy doing something else to finish.

(JAG)SAURON

Post by (JAG)SAURON » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:13 am

any updates?

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:23 pm

I'm wrapping up what should be my final version and should have it ready for testing in the next day or two. :)

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 am

Well mine has been setting in Beta stage since I posted them ... I figure I'll work on them after the testing / feedback.

(JAG)SAURON

Post by (JAG)SAURON » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:16 am

There will be a test server up shortly so could you all please arrange a beta so that I can upload them?

Ta

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:24 am

My latest (and most likely final) version has now been uploaded to Spawn's file storage address, Sauron. I'm ready and excited about us playing all of the maps together! :banana:

(JAG)SAURON

Post by (JAG)SAURON » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:41 am

Legbat wrote: My latest (and most likely final) version has now been uploaded to Spawn's file storage address, Sauron. I'm ready and excited about us playing all of the maps together! :banana:
Test server is up and running.