Addicted

General Nolf2

(JAG)SAURON

Post by (JAG)SAURON » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:09 pm

If you ask me we could start a project to bring the best of the NOLF series to FEAR!

That way we would be able to have the best of 4 games and have a new gaming engine which is said to have very very very good netcode, and a shinny new graphics engine too.
Euroteamspeak Quality TS hosting at a fair price

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:34 pm

I've hope that the fear server can send the maps that is needed to join as well :thumb:

So, you won't need the hosted maps on your computer to be able to play.

Fatty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Fatty » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Actually, having the server transfer the maps kind of sucks because it's usually slow and can possibly lag the players. The best thing would be like how CoD and some other games do and allow HTTP redirect where you can specify to the server a URL to a map and it downloads it from there. It downloads much faster that way and it doesn't use any of the server's bandwidth.

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:40 pm

Yeah! that's probably the best solution! then you don't have to use the server as a download location :thumb:

(JAG)SAURON

Post by (JAG)SAURON » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:51 am

I also hope that the setup of the gaming files is done in such a way that only one gaming map is loaded at a time, so one map does not overide features of another map, and the http redirects is a good way to go though I think it should have both features because some people run the server on a dedicated box and so can push the bandwidth needed as well as keep the game play fluid
Euroteamspeak Quality TS hosting at a fair price

Love
Most Advanced Member
Most Advanced Member

Post by Love » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:04 pm

(JAG)SAURON wrote: Hmm, makes me wonder why you like the banana's so much!!!!! :D

:)

HMMM

Why do I want to say BAD BAD Sauron?

jedwabna poszewka 50x60