Firefly

Discuss whatever You'd like here.. except stuff that break the forum's rules, but try to stay on topic.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:25 am

I just finished watching all the episodes of this show. You were right Bella it definetly was worth watching. It's a shame there is no more, I feel like I have been teased. I want more...

The movie made a whole lot more since after watching the episodes. I liked the movie but I liked the series more. Hard to believe I never heard of it before but from what I've asked around few others have either.

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:02 pm

I've seen the movie, but wasn't very impressed. What exactly is better in the series? :blink:

Belladonna

Post by Belladonna » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:48 am

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Spared. In the series the characters are very real, very flawed and oh so interesting. I think if it had lasted longer and was given time to develop further it would have been a really great series. What a shame. I really enjoyed seeing the Captain struggle with doing the right thing versus doing what makes a good profit.

Firefly and Farscape, two great shows cancelled before their time. :mellow:

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:52 pm

I liked Farscape. Seems like there was a whole generation of SF series a few years ago that died before their time. I remember LEXX being supposedly good as well, but I've never even seen it... :unsure: :blink:

Alexa

Post by Alexa » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Seen Serenity, quite liked it. Think the series never aired here.

LEXX was quite FUN. Pure 100% trash and weird CGI. Used to watch it together with a lot of friends. Gotta love lovesick robot heads. Try to catch a glimpse of it if you can.
People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Belladonna

Post by Belladonna » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:52 am

LEXX was... oddly enjoyable. The sets and costumes could be real lame at times, the storyline pathetic and confusing, but the sexy female star of the show made it tolerable. The robot head was a riot. As long as you didn't take it seriously it was watchable.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:17 am

What exactly is better in the series?
Well there was more of it, the entertainment lasted longer than a movie. Also the characters were developed in the series where in the movie they assumed you knew already. My least favorite character in the movie before I saw the series was Jayne but the character really stood out in the series.
LEXX was...As long as you didn't take it seriously
That series was definetly a satire/comedy series. I only watched a few episodes it wasn't in my comedy/sci-fi taste
Firefly and Farscape, two great shows cancelled before their time
Which brings up another point. I think those 2 from Farscape do very well in SG-1, in fact I think they are better than in Farscape. I hear they are dropping that series as well. I wonder if that includes Atlantis or if they are going to do that "Next Generation / Deep Space Nine / Voyager" series, in other words keep Stargate going by having different series.

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:13 pm

sexy female star
*off to find out more* :P :P :lol: :lol: B)

Belladonna

Post by Belladonna » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 am

LOL!! Too funny. If it wasn't for her I doubt it would have lasted as long as it did. ;)

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:44 am

There was a couple things in Firefly I had trouble with, some continuity situations.

Shepard says in one episode he can't cut his hair due to not being allowed in his beliefs but in the Movie he has short hair.

That part in the movie where Simon says a command that puts River to sleep was just too much of a poor writing convenience for me.

I looked at the comments involving errors on IMDB and there were suprisingly few on the stories, most were production and makeup errors. Over all they did good on writing the whole series and merging the movie story to fit.

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:18 pm

poor writing convenience
I think the word you're looking for is deus ex machina. :)

jedwabna poszewka 50x60