Virus

Discuss whatever You'd like here.. except stuff that break the forum's rules, but try to stay on topic.

Broken
More Advanced Member
More Advanced Member

Virus

Post by Broken » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:18 pm

The text of the first version reads as follows:

Subject: Virus

Just to let you know a new virus was started in New York last night. This virus acts in the following manner: It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title "A Virtual Card for You". As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened, the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk.

Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN www.cnn.com >> http://www.cnn.com>> This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself. So don't open any mails with subject "A Virtual Card for You". As soon as you get the mail, delete it. Please pass on this mail to all your friends.

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all.

The text of the second version reads as follows:

W A R N I N G !
IF YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL WITH SUBJECT
" A VIRTUAL CARD FOR YOU "
DO NOT OPEN !!!
IT CONTAINS A VERY, VERY DANGEROUS VIRUS.
IT WAS CLASSIFIED YESTERDAY BY MICROSOFT AND MCAFEE AS THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE VIRUS OF ALL TIMES. VIRUS DESTROY HARD DISK. WITHOUT POSSIBILITY TO REPAIR. PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW !

Not sure whether it's genuine as it isn't listed as a virus (or as a hoax). Please watchout anyway.
Thanks,
Bill.

The text of the third version reads as follows:

Please read the following message!!!

Subject: VIRUS ALERT

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft and by McAfee the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.

This virus acts in the following manner: It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title "A Virtual Card for You". As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened, the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. Once the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero thus permanently destroying the hard disk.

Please distribute this message to the greatest number of people possible. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN. This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself, Antony Joseph, Chief Systems Network Engineer, Bond House, Chiswick High Road, London, UK

Source:http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/virtualcard.html

Just to let everyone know that they have to look out ;)

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:21 pm

A Virtual Card?? for me?? :wooo:

Broken
More Advanced Member
More Advanced Member

Post by Broken » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:55 pm

np :D well its a hoax so might be fake or summin thats what people say but still I shud say that everyone has to be carefull ;)

Belladonna

Post by Belladonna » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Anyone who doesn't know by now that they shouldn't open an email attachment coming from someone they don't know and trust almost deserves to get a virus. No matter how many times I tell my mother-in-law not to open things, I know she does. Why their computer is still able to function is beyond me. :P

Broken
More Advanced Member
More Advanced Member

Post by Broken » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:21 pm

Well excaly I think people misunderstood what I meant cause I mean that it is not real so people dont have to worry thats why its a hoaX ;)

jedwabna poszewka 50x60