Blaster worm

Discuss whatever You'd like here.. except stuff that break the forum's rules, but try to stay on topic.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Blaster worm

Post by SparedLife » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:03 am

I use my laptop primarily for a media system but recently it's been my only PC to use. It was connected most of the time through a router with no need for a firewall or virus software. Two weeks ago I connected directly to a static IP without thinking. It was a mess within minutes but the RPS thing was kind enough to shutdown my system. I disconnected the internet and restored to an earlier version and then installed service pack 2. Everything seemed fine since then. Today I was looking over my system information and saw Blaster in the system files. Ack, I ran Norton's standalone blaster software but it saw nothing. So I ran mcafee's Stinger and it to found nothing.

:mad: After some thought and a shower I realized my system uses Sound Blaster drivers for the audio :)) :bonk: DUH

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:40 pm

Hehe!

it isn't always easy :P

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:01 pm

Maybe you should shower more often ... :P

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:07 am

SPYDAVE wrote: Maybe you should shower more often ... :P
I had been walking the streets in 100 degree heat all day long. I was OK at first and decided to check my email then I got to messing around with other things on the computer ...and well hotel rooms tend to get stuffy quite fast. Before long I was confused and losing consciousness. Needless to say concentration was a bit difficult. After the shower and a little air freshener things became a lot clearer in my head.

jedwabna poszewka 50x60