AIMING ACCURACY

general Contract Jack

Lla

Post by Lla » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:53 pm

Alexa wrote: :insane: I don't get ya.

And I will buy CJ, just wait. And then I'll need some noggin to check my aiming accuracy. :evil:
:bicycle: catch me if you can :banana:

CateArcher

Post by CateArcher » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:03 pm

o yeh ur :insane: i should hav known from the start :P :))

Lla

Post by Lla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 am

CateArcher wrote: o yeh ur :insane: i should hav known from the start :P :))
At last! :rolleyes:
It took you some time! :))

CateArcher

Post by CateArcher » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:47 am

y didnt i c it b4 :P :rolleyes:

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:06 am

I've been fooling around in weapons.txt as well.. the way I see it:

you can move the weapon up down forwards and backwards and to the sides.. but you won't be able to change the angle of the weapon without modifing the model itself..

That's what I get as a result :unsure:

for instance.. the shotgun..

its placement would be right under the player's nose if it should point directly at the crosshair..

(makes sence doesn't it?)

Alexa

Post by Alexa » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:13 am

May I add:

Since the trajectory of the shots changes with the DISTANCE of the object in the crosshair (and ONLY with this) we would have to change the gun's angle whenever this distance changes. When would this be done?

- Always: Weapons would wag like a cow's tail when you look around (best though)
- Just when the trigger is pulled: The gun animation would be jumpy

I think the weapons models are just representations and are not meant to be perspectively correct. Aiming them fixed (e.g. at the crosshair) is deffo wrong!

By the way Lla, when you redo your first pic, and get closer to the wall you are shooting at, the shot will seem more to come from the barrel (i bet). :)

If you Lla or Cate have further questions, don't hesitate to address me directly here at the farm. I'm the one wearing the "Funny Farm Staff" T-Shirt.
People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:30 am

Hmm.. why am I thinking
Napoleon the 14th - they're coming to take me away haha :P

just totally ignore the weaponmodel once,and just look at the crosshair..
then your shots will end up in the middle of the screen..
It has to be the angle of the model itself that is wrong :)

I spent some time in the pad, shooting bottles from a far distance
at least the crosshair is pretty accurate :thumb:

BTW!! have anyone tried a shotgun with a scope before?
that was actually fun :))
Attachments
scope.jpg
scope.jpg (9.92 KiB) Viewed 6193 times

Lla

Post by Lla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:36 am

Spawn wrote: I've been fooling around in weapons.txt as well.. the way I see it:

you can move the weapon up down forwards and backwards and to the sides.. but you won't be able to change the angle of the weapon without modifing the model itself..

That's what I get as a result :unsure:

for instance.. the shotgun..

its placement would be right under the player's nose if it should point directly at the crosshair..

(makes sence doesn't it?)
:yourock:
Pretty cool results already!
If it is possible to move the gun and change its azimuth that means each player may adapt it.
I'd like to try that (and feed-you back then)
What is the magic formula to do so?

Lla

Post by Lla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:56 am

Alexa wrote: May I add:

Since the trajectory of the shots changes with the DISTANCE of the object in the crosshair (and ONLY with this) we would have to change the gun's angle whenever this distance changes. When would this be done?

- Always: Weapons would wag like a cow's tail when you look around (best though)
- Just when the trigger is pulled: The gun animation would be jumpy

I think the weapons models are just representations and are not meant to be perspectively correct. Aiming them fixed (e.g. at the crosshair) is deffo wrong!

By the way Lla, when you redo your first pic, and get closer to the wall you are shooting at, the shot will seem more to come from the barrel (i bet).  :)

If you Lla or Cate have further questions, don't hesitate to address me directly here at the farm. I'm the one wearing the "Funny Farm Staff" T-Shirt.
I'm afraid the trajectory does'nt change with the distance (in the game) then, yes the models are representations but with a wrong angle (back to where we started)

When shooting in action, aiming accuracy is the reslt of the brain's work (where did i put mine?) basic training would be to point out the target with your finger to design it (the target not the finger :)) ).

Then of course, using a gun, one must adapt it according to all parameters to be accurate.

if, thanks to what Spawn has found, it is possible to change the gun's angle there must be a real improvment for eachone of us.

If i get closer to the wall I might bump into it and that hurts :headbang: :))

btw, "staff member" T shirts were given as part of the therapy :))

Lla

Post by Lla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:13 am

Spawn wrote: Hmm.. why am I thinking
Napoleon the 14th - they're coming to take me away haha :P

just totally ignore the weaponmodel once,and just look at the crosshair..
then your shots will end up in the middle of the screen..
It has to be the angle of the model itself that is wrong? :)

I spent some time in the pad, shooting bottles from a far distance
at least the crosshair is pretty accurate :thumb:

BTW!! have anyone tried a shotgun with a scope before?
that was actually fun :))
yeah, that's exactly it! :thumb: Napoleon the XIVth is what I had in mind too :))

i've got all of it on my (broken) HD :mad: but it does'nt matter now that I live at Strawberry fields (forever) ((awwsmile))

So back to the point (b4 it vanishes again) the answer is YES if you ignore the gun's wrong angle and only follow the crosshair, you'll aim at the middle of the screen but when shooting fast, you can't do that as it is the barrel which is guiding you...

Shooting bottles is not only fun but a good training.
I've allways missed the lack of shooting ground where we could practice at will and maybe tune up the weapons (?).

And yes, a scope on a shotgun must be fun even though it has not much to do with reality (same as a scope on a hand gun).

btw if you see a bottle with a "funny farm staff member" tag on it: dont shoot it is Alexa fooling around again :))

Alexa

Post by Alexa » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:49 pm

Lla wrote: So back to the point (b4 it vanishes again) the answer is YES if you ignore the gun's wrong angle and only follow the crosshair, you'll aim at the middle of the screen but when shooting fast, you can't do that as it is the barrel which is guiding you...
Ahhh I got ya finally. You WANT to point the barrel at the crosshair as some sort of pointer for you? Perspectively this is totally wrong, but if you need it for hitting your target, whatever floats your boat or so they say...

Use a marker pen and draw your weapon onto the screen? :P

I had to give the T-Shirt back to his rightful owner by the way. ((2))
People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Lla

Post by Lla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Alexa wrote:
Lla wrote: So back to the point (b4 it vanishes again) the answer is YES if you ignore the gun's wrong angle and only follow the crosshair, you'll aim at the middle of the screen but when shooting fast, you can't do that as it is the barrel which is guiding you...
Ahhh I got ya finally. You WANT to point the barrel at the crosshair as some sort of pointer for you? Perspectively this is totally wrong, but if you need it for hitting your target, whatever floats your boat or so they say...

Use a marker pen and draw your weapon onto the screen? :P

I had to give the T-Shirt back to his rightful owner by the way. ((2))
:)) :)) :)) yes of course I want to have the barrel in the same axis as the crosshair not as some sort of pointer but because it's the only way to shoot right :P
I have tried the marker pen on my screen but the best is to cover it all and just leave a wee tiny window right in the center and shoot whatever goes through it.
The pblm is that I can't remove the black ink and now my screen is reduced from 22" down to 1/2" permanently :mad:
So my boat is floating on a sea of teardrops ((2))

I understand you had to give back the T shirt but that does'nt mean you're cured and you should'nt have replaced it by "i'm sitting next to stupid" shirt as it is the doctor's own. :))

Alexa

Post by Alexa » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:44 pm

Lla wrote::))  :))  :)) yes of course I want to have the barrel in the same axis as the crosshair not as some sort of pointer but because it's the only way to shoot right  :P
I thought there already was a cure for X-eyes :wacko:
Lla wrote: I have tried the marker pen on my screen but the best is to cover it all and just leave a wee tiny window right in the center and shoot whatever goes through it.
The pblm is that I can't remove the black ink and now my screen is reduced from 22" down to 1/2" permanently :mad:
So my boat is floating on a sea of teardrops ((2))
Sometimes you're really slow in thinking! Just turn off the screen, or better sell it and use the SOUND to locate the enemy. Make sure the other players do the same and ALL of your problems are solved! Tadaaaaaa! :thumb:
Lla wrote: I understand you had to give back the T shirt but that does'nt mean you're cured and you should'nt have replaced it by "i'm sitting next to stupid" shirt as it is the doctor's own. :))
Again I don't get ya but I just drew myself a certificate of overall excellence and general greatness! YAY.

Lla

Post by Lla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:12 pm

Are you saying that the screen has to be turned ON? ((awwsmile)) :rolleyes:

I tried the sound already but it smells bad and besides, I'm not sometimes slow but ALL the time in order to make everyone happy thinking they're fast :turtle:

Then do not Tadaaa me cause your certificate has no value yet and until the Master Spaceotter has signed it :))

Sanatomba

Post by Sanatomba » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:43 am

Hey Lla

Nice work.
You're good at complex works. :)

jedwabna poszewka 50x60