TRON 2.0

Talk about other games in here

Suglylinni

TRON 2.0

Post by Suglylinni » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:47 pm

I felt like posting something in here, so I start a discussion about "TRON 2.0"

Does anyone play this game? If you don't, then u should get it for sure!
You'll recognize, it's quite similar to the gameplay of all the nolf-series games including c.j. (off course, cause it's also a monolith production game :) )

For those who don't know the Movie "Tron" from the 80's, the story of this game is, that a guy from the real world gets "scanned" into a computer and starts existing in the computer. Every single Program in this Computer is like a human being and the so called "User" is similar to the "god" we have in our world, some Programs believe in Users others don't.
The game is about manipulating what happens outside the computer in the real world by moving through several "worlds" in the Computer. Your enemies are "ICP's", small and large seakers. Just like the NOLF-Series games, TRON2.0 is some kind of a FPS, the only difference is, that weapons aren't ak's, smg's, rocket's and stuff, but throwable disks, balls, some energy weapons including some kind of a sniper-rifle.

Furthermore, from time to time, you'll have to participate in so called "Lightcycleraces" Where you ride some kind of a Motorcycle, that leaves a trail behind where it passed (just like in the game "snake"). You shouldn't crash into a wall or the trail of another lightcycleracer. Your aim is to make the others crash into your trail or a wall :) .

I got the game for 2,50? in a shop here in Germany but in my opinion the game would even be worth the full price it had when the game was new. :)

Hope to find some people to talk about TRON in here :)

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:59 pm

I have it and thought it was pretty cool. It's basically the NOLF2 engine but with a completely different art direction. And, because pictures say more than a thousand words, here's some (picked the small ones, for practicality):

A lightcycle

One of the locations

You (the protagonist)

Or you can do a GIS yourself for better pics. :P :D

Suglylinni

Post by Suglylinni » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:57 pm

I know what the lightcycle looks like, but though it seems as if your picture of the lightcycle isn't shown :)

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:09 pm

I like it too. Good Game. I still haven't finished it yet so it's still installed. :)

Suglylinni

Post by Suglylinni » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:46 am

I played it like 3 times now and i finished all the lightcycleraces in the lightcyclemode for the first time, took me long but it was big fun though ((2))

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:50 am

Well I liked it enough to make a DM map for it ...

http://spydave.net/FRAMES/DOWNLOAD.html

And I have to say, I probably had more fun making it than any other map ...

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:08 am

Suglylinni wrote: I know what the lightcycle looks like, but though it seems as if your picture of the lightcycle isn't shown :)
You mean this lightcycle, I found it...hmm how did it get there?

Suglylinni

Post by Suglylinni » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:41 pm

haha, good one :D though, what were ya playing? nolf2 or c.j.? :blink:

jedwabna poszewka 50x60