Bargain Bin

Talk about other games in here

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 pm

I bought Metal of Honor "Allied Assault" at Target for 9.99 and I just got to tell you, this game is really cool! I haven't had this much fun since Contract Jack. It's a "must have" game. And for 9 dollars, you can't beat it.

Last week I got a game called "The Thing" at those little "Dollar General" stores for 2 dollars. It's well worth that. The controls are funky though. You can go their web site and get a patch that will fix the mouse and give you a cross-hair. You need this if you can find the game.

There are still some bundles of Tom Clancy's Rainbow6 games at Target for 5 dollars. You get RB6, Rogue Spear, and The Sum of All Fears, all three for 5 dollars.

Metal of Honor is WAY cool though. If you think you might like to be transported into World War 2 combat, this games is for you. I'm not kidding, this game may be the best one I ever played. And I hate ID's Quake engine, but this game has been super cool so far.

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:45 pm

Bought it two or three years ago, played online regularly for a year or so and agree with you completely. I just loved the multiplayer portion! I don't know about these days but it used to get alot of action.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:35 pm

I was at Target last night and picked up Freedom Fighters for less than $5.00. There were several more games there less than $5.00 but most were race car type games.

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:18 pm

Startopia is a great game that didn't get the attention it deserved. It's really cheap now and still looks incredible! :thumb:

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:44 am

I'll have to get back to target again soon. I haven't been back there since I bought MOHAA. I loved the game, but I quit playing it, and The Thing. Hummm... I never seem to finish games. Must be an age thing. I loose interest too easily.

I played Freedom Fighters demo but don't know if it's the same game. My demo looked wacky, third person, cartoonish, so I didn't buy it. I wish I had bought COD last time I was there though. I'd like to see Fatweiner's map in it, cool...

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:32 am

I never seem to finish games. Must be an age thing. I loose interest too easily.
I get distracted to easily with other things. I started several games that I didn't finish lately. To name a couple:

Max Payne 2
Spiderman 2
Silent Hill 3
Codename: Nina
Diehard Nakatomi
Halo

I even have some I never started:

Global Operation
Universal Combat
Joan of Arc
Hitchcock's Final Cut
Secret Service
Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
Sum of Fears
Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines
Splinter Cell

And I know this is not a complete list. I see these on clearance or at a good price but never seem to have the time or the attention span to play them.

played Freedom Fighters demo but don't know if it's the same game
This is really a nicely done game. It's tight, they did a really good job of sewing it up. I haven't found a lot of places to mess up the game. They seem to have fixed all the flaws that were present in the demo. I think the problem is for some reason the developers were on another planet the last few years and didn't realize nobody likes to play a game where you can't save your progress. It has a wacky area autosave and an even wackier area to area progress.

The only playing problem I didn't like was there were open areas in streets with invisible walls, there was no apparant explaination as to why you couldn't progress that way. It would have been better to have rubble, force field, big hole, anything besides an open street you just couldn't go down.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:20 am

SparedLife wrote: I was at Target last night and picked up Freedom Fighters for less than $5.00. There were several more games there less than $5.00 but most were race car type games.
Have to quote myself on this, those race games had dropped to less than $2.50 today. There are several more titles at $4.98 which should drop soon.

Anyway at $2.48 I couldn't pass up these games:

Demolition Champions
Drag Racing: Top Fuel Thunder
Illegal street drag: Nitro edition
Harry Potter: Chamber of secrets
Lord Of the Rings: Return of the King

I will probably give the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings to my friend's kids but I doubt I can resist the temptation to mess with the two games first. As for the racing games, I definetly will have to spend some time on these. I tore the GT legends demo to shreds and had a blast but now I have some full games to tear up.

I left a couple $2.48 games on the shelf and I almost got the Hulk for $4.98 because the little ones liked the demo on that.

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:29 am

I haven't finished Tron yet either.

I did go back and buy the Half-Life 5 package for 15 dollars though. I don't like it. I bought it mostly thinking I would get some good creature animations from it. The game itself sucks in my opinion. I don't know what all the hype about HL was about. The models look like crap.

Fatty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Fatty » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:49 am

Coty wrote:I did go back and buy the Half-Life 5 package for 15 dollars though. I don't like it. I bought it mostly  thinking I would get some good creature animations from it. The game itself sucks in my opinion. I don't know what all the hype about HL was about. The models look like crap.
I couldn't agree more. The first third of it was slow and boring, then the middle third I started getting a little interested in it, but then after I got transported to the alien world it was like I was playing a first-person version of Super Mario 64?!?! The last third of the game was the worst part, I can't believe I managed to play through it all. :blink:

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:37 pm

HL was good for its day, but it's been a long time since then...

And I finished TRON 2.0 several times. I'm a sucker for the shiny glowy stuff... :P

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:02 pm

I totally agree, and that day was back in 1998/1999 :P

I played through 3/4 part of the original game i think, it didn't change much during playing.. it simply got boring

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:53 pm

FarCry is at Wal-Mart for 9.95. While you're there, pick up Delta Force, Black Hawk Down for 9.95 also. Fear is still 29.95 and a Little too steep for me. I'm waiting for it to go under 25.00. I decided that was the most I was willing to pay for a video game and I'm sticking to it. Fear is at Best Buy and Target for 39.95 so Wal-Mart is still the best buy so far.

Far Cry looks fantastic! :)
Black Hawk Down has an awesome first mission.

I only played the first mission on both of them so far, but I think they're too cool! :)

Had to uninstall CJ for room though. :(

Oh Well, It's been on here for almost a year without playing, so I guess it's dead enough... I need to finish Tron 2.0 for another 5 gig free too...

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:20 pm

Yeah I've been thinking about getting Farcry also ... Never played it and heard it was great and at that price, it would be hard to beat.

As far as FEAR goes Coty ... you're really not missing out on much by waiting ...

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks for the reminder Coty, I got farcry here somewhere..
bought it 6 months ago or so.. Still haven't checked it out ((2))

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:30 am

Coty wrote: FarCry is at Wal-Mart for 9.95. While you're there, pick up Delta Force, Black Hawk Down for 9.95 also. Fear is still 29.95 and a Little too steep for me. I'm waiting for it to go under 25.00. I decided that was the most I was willing to pay for a video game and I'm sticking to it. Fear is at Best Buy and Target for 39.95 so Wal-Mart is still the best buy so far.

Far Cry looks fantastic! :)
Black Hawk Down has an awesome first mission.

I only played the first mission on both of them so far, but I think they're too cool! :)

Had to uninstall CJ for room though. :(

Oh Well, It's been on here for almost a year without playing, so I guess it's dead enough... I need to finish Tron 2.0 for another 5 gig free too...
I've been wanting to get Farcry also. Still I just loaded Pariah last week and didn't even get through the intro before getting distracted.
I have several adventure games that as of now are still in the shrink wrap.
I got FEAR for a song and no dance when it first came out. I was at the right spot at the right time. Someone was trying to return it opened because it wouldn't work on their system and the store return policy wouldn't let him return it opened. So I gave him one of my NOLF2 copies bought for $5.00 at Halfprice Books, my Serious Sam Gold (FE and SE) bought for $5.00 also at Halfprice books and $15.00 cash.

jedwabna poszewka 50x60