Bargain Bin

Talk about other games in here

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 pm

I've installed that game and played the first section twice but never got beyond that. Don't know exactly why I never got past there before uninstalling it. Too many games, too little time...

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:41 pm

Coty wrote: ImageImage

XIII

I've been playing this one lately. It is really cool. It uses cel shading, which makes it look like a cartoon. It plays like a cartoon also. It uses the Unreal engine. I also have Dues_Ex Invisible War, but haven't played it much. I really like XIII. If you really want to get inside a cartoon, this is the one! :)

More Images

You can see 'BOOM,' 'AAARGH,' and footsteps like 'tap' 'tap' 'tap' when someone is walking around a corner. Pretty cool :)
You did know it was a comic before it was a game, right? ;)

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:45 pm

I haven't watched Scanner Darkly yet but it's a cell shaded movie right? Seems with all the games going Hollywood lately they would have jumped on XIII as a cell shaded movie to compete.

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:10 am

No, I didn't know it was previously a comic book, but it plays exactly like one! :)

I was searching UBISOFT for another Far Cry because I liked it so much, and the cel shading caught my eye. I find it really unique in this sea of 'same ol FPS' games. I haven't found it hard to play, yet.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:41 am

I picked up some more today

Grand Theft Auto 111 - $1.98
Riddle of the Sphinx - $1.98
Midnight Club 2 - $1.98
Americ'a Army - $.98

I like those aquarium screensavers and I had a few already

Serene Screen - Marine Aquarium
Screen Gardens - Living Pond
Prolific Publishing - Sharks
Prolific Publishing - Goldfish Aquarium

Today I picked up

Ocean Aquarium 3d - $.98
Aquazone - $1.98
Aquatica 3d Tropical Aquarium $1.98
PC Aquarium Deluxe 3d

The last one is really nice because you can actually make it an active desktop.
I also like Aquatica because they include a way to edit the fish and backgrounds
Even though Aquazone has compressed files I did figure out how to make my own fish skins by editing the archives file index.

Johnny LaRue
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Johnny LaRue » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Sounds like you got quite a score there SparedLife! Some one should come up with a "Sims" mod where you get to edit / skin / modify SparedLife! :D

I played & finished "Marine Sharpshooter II" & i must say i was very suprised at how great of a game it was. You have certain expectations when you play a budget game but this game surpassed those expectations. Awesome implementation of the jungle crawl & good use of the stealth meter. The Missions themselves were almost epic like consisting of several large maps! The best 2 bucks i ever spent! :thumb:

JLAR

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:10 pm

I haven't seen A Scanner Darkly, but I've read the book! Very good, not always exciting or a pleasure to read, but very very good! :D

Anyway, it's not as cheap as the stuff above, but Introversion offers excellent original games for about half the price of most new titles. :) :thumb:

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Some one should come up with a "Sims" mod where you get to edit / skin / modify SparedLife!
They already have, it's called real life. My realself goes through much worse than I put these games through. :blink:

I have been re-exploring Driv3r this week after user Madness Productions emailed me with a query. I never played the actual game but I like the wide open area to explore. You can imagine the amount of damage I have done to this game in a week. :))

In Driv3r's case there isn't a lot of building you can go into, it seems like a waste of a big area map full of buildings. Maybe next week I'll get GTA3 installed since I really like GTA3:Vice City and San Andreas but never played GTA3.
I wish more first person shooters were made like the GTA series with a real city to explore. Like that discusting game (still among my favorite despite the content) Postal 2, you can play the map or play the game.

Both FEAR and HL2 were a disappointment to me because of this. I was kind of hoping they would be more like Warcraft or the GTA series in the world/map design

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:11 pm

I wish more first person shooters were made like the GTA series with a real city to explore.
Then keep an eye out for Huxley. It's (or will be) an MMOFPS. :)

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:43 am

As long as it's not online pay-to-play. I'd like to just walk around and explore WOW but not interested in paying to explore. I know people who have accounts but they are pretty touchy about others handling their characters. ((2))

sonic goo

Post by sonic goo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:12 pm

Guild Wars is free. :) B)

jedwabna poszewka 50x60