LIPcompiler

Lithtech Jupiter engine

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Does anyone know what fileformat this compiler needs to function.. I haven't found a single line of explaination anywhere..

All I know is the commandline function:

Lipcompiler /file speach1.wav [/speach1.lip]

but end up with the error message: Invalid number of nodes in the file:0
and the lipfile only contains one line: SPIL
Any ideas anyone?

Edit:

ok, U managed to compile a working LIP file from one of the retail speach txt files..
which means that the program doesn't support wavs.. Looking for a software that can make wav to text now :P

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:07 am

"read my lips" :lol:

Is this an animation sequence to make the character appear to be saying the dialog?

I saw this used in another game I was editing. Can't remember which one at the moment but the entire audio is in a library by words and the text files tell the program which words to say. At the same time the words in the library are linked to model phonics animations.

I think the CJ/NOLF2 models are linked to an animation sequence for each text file.

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:11 pm

I figured out that Halflife 2 have this included in the tools.. atleast I think so..

Well, the models have a set of animations for the lips, and these lipfiles are generated from textfiles, which is again generated by values in the waves in the wav files+added mood in some cases (for face expressions)..

Each dialogue file has its own lipfile..

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:19 am

I just left a message at TGF on lip syncing before I came here.

http://thegluefactory.com/forums/showthrea...72716#post72716

Maybe that will help you too, if Nolf1 and Nolf2 use the same thing, as was posted in the thread earlier.

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks man :)

I got the "simple" lipcomiling to work yesterday.. all it needed was the right fileformat as you said at TGF.. I accidently messed up there and put in a file that was compiled with lame acm.. gonna update that levelmusic tutorial as well when I get time.. (new discoveries)

:thumb:

jedwabna poszewka 50x60