LTB2x

Lithtech Jupiter engine

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:22 pm

I've spent many hours today, downloading trialversion/freeware/plugins in order to open those crappy .X files (direct x) :angry:

I've converted 3 models with the ltb2x tool.. Isako, hero_action & ninja
I tried Rheingold3D, blender, milkshape, ac3d, deep exploration among others
the few that actually support that format keeps crashing when trying to import them :unsure:

Any ideas anyone?

URA
More Advanced Member
More Advanced Member

Post by URA » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:03 am

Milkshape is the only thing I've tried to import .x files with, but it has some downsides. It will merge multi mesh .x's into one big mesh (Isako has 3 mesh's, body, head and hair) and tends to flip the (I think) X axis on import/export.

You can work around Milkshape merging all mesh's into one by cutting each mesh group into it's own .x file then import them like this (since MS3D can't import an .x into the same scene):

MS3D > Tools > DirectX Mesh Tool > Open (1).x > save > Groups tab > rename (1) > Save as (1).ms3d

Repeat above for each mesh, replace (1) with a logic name (e.g. Isako = body, head and hair). By renaming the mesh name keeps MS3D from merging each mesh into one again in the next step.

Next:
File > New > File > Merge > open (1)

Repeat until the model looks to be rebuilt. You can now set the textures in the Materials tab, MS3D can read lithtech's .DTX files but gets confused with the alpha channel, checking and un-checking SphereMap will fix this.

It's a little extra work with MS3D, but I hope this helps :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:10 am

I don't have those exact LTB models anymore, but the ones that I did convert to X imported just fine in Fragmotion, mView, Biturn, and GameSpaceLight. There are several different versions of the X format including binary and ascii... TrueSpace 4.3 didn't import the LTB2X X file, so I would thnk that some older modeling programs or plug-ins might not import it, but I would think that deep exploration would. Google Biturn...

http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1

Spared, you beat me! :)

I'm using Biturn 0.87

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:12 am

Ouch,
Biturn didn't read the X uv coords. Fragmotion does :) Great program!! :)

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:06 pm

I was talking to fats last night, and he was able to do it as well.. And I sent
Cote Duke (the maker) a mail.. The reason why it didn't work was that
I have a different value in one of the regionalsetting in windows since I don't
live in Usa :P

However he have released a new version of the tool today called LTB2X0110a that takes care of this problem :thumb:

Updated URL: LTB_TO_X

Kudos to him :banana:

It all works great now!

LTB to X Convert Tool v.0.1.1.0
(Supported games: No One Lives Forever 2; Contract J.A.C.K; TRON 2.0; F.E.A.R (Not confirmed)

Binary:

Grab It Here (235 Kb, Zip-Archive)

New! Source code: (No GUI and .X save)

Source and Example (49 Kb, Zip-Archive)

Some screenshots:

The Readme:

LTB2X - LTB (Lithtech Jupiter) Native Model File to
DirectX Meta File Convert Tool

Initial Release v.0.1.1.0 04/07/2006

Table of Contents

1. General Information
2. Features
3. Known Issues
4. Legal
5. Contact

1. General Information
----------------------

LTB2X is a standalone converter tool for the Lithtech native binary model files. It takes an .LTB file as an input and produces DirectX model meta file.

DirectX model meta format is quite popular among game developers, especially for the purpose of prototyping and is frequently used in proof of concept products. That said, there are a lot of tools and plugins out there for converting .X files into native 3DS Max (.3ds) and Maya formats. You can try Milkshape's DirectX tool; 3D Exploration \ Deep Exploration.

2. Features
-----------

Initial Release v.0.1.1.0 04/07/2006
Supported:

- Model Command Line
- Original Mesh Names
- Geometry
- Vertices and Faces
- Texture Coordinates
- Normals*
- Skin Weights*

Not Supported:

- Animations
- Bones
- [Any Other Unknown Feature]

Notes: * Normals and skin weights are supported by .LTB importer, though they are not supported by the .X exporter. This should be corrected by next release. However, this is not vital, since normals are easily generated by quite any 3D model editor and skin weights are pointless without the skeleton.

3. Known Issues
---------------

This tool was primarily designed to work with NOLF2 stock models. Although in most cases models are converted correctly, some bugs may occur here and there.

It is known that simple models like guns, props, vehicles generally cause no trouble. However some more complex models are known not to work with LTB2X at all, and there are many to be discovered.

If you're trying to convert a model and get a "Tragic Error!" message - then surely enough, this model is not supported by this release.

Known 100% supported models:

HERO_ACTION.LTB
HERO_CASUAL.LTB
HERO_WINTER.LTB
SNOWMOBILE.LTB
AK47.LTB
BANANA.LTB
BARNES.LTB
CODEBREAKER.LTB
GENRADIO.LTB
JONES.LTB
BRUNO.LTB
PILOT.LTB

Known unsupported models:

HARIJ.LTB;
PIERRE.LTB;
ARMSTRONG.LTB;

4. Legal
--------

Extracting any models from commercial games is initially illegal. You are the only responsible for any consequence it might cause.

Reusing (converting into other games, selling etc.) of any Jupiter powered game models is also illegal. You have been warned, be responsible.

Please note that this tool is provided "as-is".

Trademarks: LithTech Jupiter System (c) 1997-2002 LithTech, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

5. Contact
----------

Questions? Suggestions? Feel free to mail to coteduke@yahoo.com

If you are to report some supported\unsupported model, please note that this model should be one of the NOLF2 original stock models.
(Reposted here for archival purposes)

jedwabna poszewka 50x60